The CBI’s Business Development Team is responsible for driving the business development strategy to help bring new members into the CBI.
We are looking for a high-performing commercial and sales-oriented Business Development Manager to help us meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You will be part of helping to create a more sales-focused team at the CBI. You will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Business Development Executives, with a focus on providing effective sales support, implementing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans required to help achieve our new membership income targets. A core part of this role will also involve working alongside and collaborating with colleagues in the Sales and Marketing teams.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing the business development strategy to acquire new members, as well as evaluating the performance of the strategy and finding ways to help the Business Development team reach its full potential.
· Contacting prospects - and coaching the team to contact prospects - via the phone (or on occasion via email) to establish rapport and set up meetings for sales colleagues
· Identifying new sales leads and potential new markets - by researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) - using this information to produce high quality approaches for sales colleagues
· Researching the needs of prospects and learning who makes decisions about purchasing CBI membership - again using this information to produce high quality approaches
· Be part of a newly formed sales team - working closely with the Commercial Director and a team of Business Development Executives
· Working closely with the Communications Marketing Manager and Acquisition Marketing Executive to ensure new leads generated from lead generation campaigns are followed up appropriately
· Embedding more of a sales culture across teams
· Ensuring high quality approaches, pitches and proposals are used with targets
Knowledge & Experience
· Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly an excellent telephone manner to build relationships and communicate to all levels of the organisation including CEOs/Board Members and PAs/other Assistants
· Excellent written communications skills - to draft high quality approaches and help to provide quality control for membership proposals
· Ability to provide quality leadership to a team of business development executives
· CRM experience - drive the usage of CRM and ensure adherence to the business development sales process
· Lead generation skills, preferably in a membership type organisation
· Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to operate in both a line and matrix structure
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· BA/BS degree or equivalent
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'