Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £60,000 plus OTE uncapped (£40,000 basic) DOE
Working hours: Monday - Friday,8:30a.m.- 5:00p.m. Extended business hours and weekends may be required.
Our client is well respected, hugely successful and one of the largest brands in the industry. They offer a fresh, unique take on the event and exhibitions industry across the UK and globally. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to acquire the services of a proactive individual to join their team as a Business Development Manager who will be key in building long-term relationships with clients as well as developing new relationships with prospective clients who have shown interest in the services provided.
- Generate and manage sales for the company to achieve personal and company targets.
- Developing client relationships, ensuring that clients have an excellent experience from the initial point of contact, throughout.
- Source leads through cold-calling, 'show walks', networking and social media.
- Organise and gather show information on a monthly basis.
- Support Sales and Marketing activity; sending out mailshots, attending shows and undertaking research.
- Monitor costs and implement cost reduction policies through the utilisation of stock items.
- Provide accurate reporting both directly and via administrative support, delivering consistent and transparent information flow through salesforce.com and any other associated forms.
- Liaise with Operation team, Account Managers and Designers with key tasks relating to marketing, sales and other business development activity.
- To have great drive, enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude at all times.
- A minimum 5 years' experience in field sales, preferably within the exhibition and events industry.
- Excellent sales and business development skills.
- A proven track record of hitting sales KPI's on a monthly basis.
- Experience in selling bespoke exhibition solutions and an existing pipeline of leads is highly desirable.
- A self-starter with experience of working in a targeted sales environment and ability to work under own initiative.
- Proactive and able to develop lasting business relationships with both existing and prospective customers, ensuring that the clients' requirements are always met.
- Excellent organisational, presentational and administrative skills.
- Must be competent in the use of all Microsoft office products while also being fully competent using sales-based CRM software, with experience of salesforce.com being preferable.
- Good attention to detail with good overall numeracy and literacy skills.
- Clean driving license.
- Have an understanding of marketing and experience of dealing with marketing professionals.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Inga Biel on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.