Business Development Manager, up to £45k ote £60k, London
Our client is a niche specialist within the Business Travel Sector creating a sustainable travel management solution that has proven successful. They have grown from strength to strength over the last few years and are keen to build upon their growth, therefore they are looking for Business Development Managers to identify and close new business within their niche vertical market.
The key responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are as follows:
- Develop profitable leads through effective management of an assigned target account list / territory
- Work to a personal sales plan that drives activity levels appropriate to the shape/size of the pipeline
- Develop and manage a balanced sales pipeline to enable you to consistently meet/exceed revenue and margin targets
- Identify all the stakeholders in prospect organisations and adopt sales strategies that meet their needs
- Share best practice and provide analysis of travel purchasing data with identified cost-saving opportunities to potential clients
- Prepare, interpret, analyse and deliver client management information reports as part of your engagement with potential clients
- Respond professionally to RFIs and manage major new bids/tenders with the bid team, (including a bid writer).
- Prepare and deliver high quality client presentations and web demonstrations to potential clients
- Work with the customer solutions team and Account Managers to ensure the successful implementation of new accounts
- Maintain current CRM information in line with the sales policy
- Provide effective pipeline, forecast and deal management information to the sales managers and Executive.
- Identify and attend client specific exhibitions and other promotional & networking events
- Prepare daily and weekly sales reports as required by the Head of Sales
The key Skills of the Business Development Manager position are as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years proven new business sales skills in a structured B2B sales solutions environment, ideally in a travel environment
- Sales track record in managing solutions or business services worth £1m - £10m+ in client revenues
- Experience working with heads of procurement, Finance Directors and C-level Executives
- Use of sales methodologies/training to develop sales strategies and improve win ratio
- Experience of working in complex sales environments, with multiple stakeholders e.g. users, managers, HR, Finance, Executive
- Experience in managing and responding to tenders in a pseudo public sector environment
- Significant commercial acumen – particularly in sales analysis and forecasting
- Confidence in working in a technology-driven environment in respect to both client solutions and internal processes/applications
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
If you wish to apply for the role of Business Development Manager, please click the link below or call Prospects4Corporate Travel on .
Alternatively apply online via our website where you can register your CV, get job alerts and see all of our current vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job