Our client is a trail-blazing environmental technology company, providing state-of-the-art, eco-friendly machinery and solutions to the manufacturing industry. Their revolutionary products are used by a wide and growing range of eco-conscious businesses, from specialist equipment manufacturers and restoration companies to multi-site infrastructure managers and global brands.
This fast-growing and dynamic company is already disrupting and transforming the engineering world. They are now looking for an intuitive, sales-minded Business Development Manager to join their team, work alongside the Founder and CEO and play a key role in ensuring the company’s continued growth and success.
- Research and build a targeted database of prospective customers, proactively engaging with them at the highest level to identify opportunities
- Collaborate with the CEO, Founder CTO and Marketing Team to evaluate opportunities, ensure strategic targeting and drive revenue growth
- Lead and manage the entire sales process, attending initial prospective customer meetings and technical evaluations, building relationships with all necessary stakeholders, providing all requested information and preparing Commercial Proposals
- Close contracts and secure new business
- Log and manage all activities and actions in the company’s CRM software
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience selling high value solution-based products or services to sophisticated customers at the highest levels
- Experience of selling into an Industrial environment (machinery, print, automotive or similar) highly advantageous
- Proven ability to communicate with c-suite and senior management
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent in managing and delivering complex sales processes that require the input, influence and decision making of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work productively without supervision
- Exceptional writing ability and highly articulate
- Practised software skills (Pipedrive, Linkedin, MS Office)
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an exciting and varied role for a highly-motivated self-starter looking to make their mark in a cutting edge business that’s playing a key role in reducing the environmental footprint of the manufacturing industry. The role is based in the South East with one day a week at the company’s head office in Berkshire. There’s a salary of up to £60k on offer for the right candidate, plus commission.
Portman Scott is a highly respected boutique specialist sales recruitment consultancy founded by two highly successful professionals who previously built their own sales teams. All enquiries will be treated with absolute confidentiality. Only candidates currently residing and authorised to work in the UK will be considered.
At Portman Scott, we take your privacy seriously and we only process your personal data in order to provide you with work-finding services. We will never share your details with anyone without contacting you first. You can find our full privacy and data protection policy on our website.
- Business Development
- Chemical Sales
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'