Syft is the UK’s leading online staffing platform disrupting the huge traditional temp sector; an industry which generates $500 billion annual revenues. We believe temporary workers deserve better pay, a more flexible approach to choosing shifts, and direct contact with employers. We are at the forefront of a very exciting space, with strong VC funding behind us, along with some well-known angel investors and we’re growing rapidly.
We have expanded to a team of 70 across London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool & Birmingham. We’re looking for a vibrant, self-motivated, eager to succeed Business Development Manager, to join our highly talented & ambitious team!
You must be able to build rapport quickly, have a professional phone manner and have exceptional communication skills. You’ll have energy, a positive mind-set and be driven to succeed.
Your high-level role will be dedicated to generating leads in the Warehousing/Industrial sector (warehousing, delivery/distribution centres, etc), engage prospects, arrange meetings and pitch to key decision makers in the business.
Syft is at an exciting stage of our journey as we’re experiencing rapid growth and if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact, then this role is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and identify potential clients, identify decisions makers and qualify leads received by the team
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our platform and how it works and the benefits it offers
- Manage and report against pipeline and sales targets
- Call and meet with clients to outline benefits of our platform
- Work with our Marketing Team to identify key targets
- Generating new and repeat business in line with targets
- Following the full sales life cycle
- Negotiate profitable contracts with clients to meet revenue targets
- Liaise with the account management team to ensure smooth and professional handover of new business
- Reporting directly to the Sales Director
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of business development or sales experience, within the warehousing/industrial sector is essential
- Superb ability to build rapport quickly within a face-to-face environment
- Must possess the desire to succeed and obsessive about hitting targets consistently
- Excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional email
- Have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong IT skills and have experience using CRM systems preferably Salesforce
- Commercially minded with high level attention to detail
- Competitive salary and a generous commission structure
- Regular team building events, such as mini golf, or good old Friday after-work drinks
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible - you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job