Business Development Manager
Covering Swansea Post Code
Salary £25K PA plus company car, Mobile and laptop
OTE over £75K
An opportunity has arisen for successful business development manager to join our expanding national sales team specialising in MasterCard and VISA card acceptance for Small and Medium enterprises (SME’s).
Our Client offers an innovative selection of payment solutions designed around a business’ individual requirements by offering small to medium businesses the opportunity to transact using 'contactless’, broadband enabled, technology at low rental prices that are capped for the duration of the contract.
They Specialises in offering additional products that help attract custom to businesses
You will work individually, and as part of a team, to drive exceptional growth in 2016/17. Responsible for recruiting profitable new business, in your own area, assigned by postcode, you will report directly to your Regional Sales Manager.
This is cold calling role where you must generate your own leads and close sales from start to finish. The job holder is expected to achieve a minimum number of sales per week by professionally selling the company Card Acceptance service and other related products to independent retailers in predetermined market sectors
- To visit as many businesses and manage to sit 4/5 new appointments per day within the general retail market and secondary high street retailers e.g. hairdressers, car dealerships, clothing stores etc.
- To achieve a minimum of five card acceptance terminal sales per week
- To complete all related paperwork and activity records
- To rapidly establish an effective pipeline of prospective merchants
- To identify prospective merchants needs and deliver professional presentations in order to ensure sufficient signings to exceed weekly sales targets
- To maximise revenue from each sale and in doing so, maximise personal commissions.
- Experience of cold calling and making good rapport with merchant.
- To generate referrals from merchants
- To complete all required paperwork accurately and submit it daily.
- To ensure personal daily, weekly, monthly targets, agreed in advance with line management, are achieved
- To write and implement a personal sales strategy, with direction from your line manager
- To maintain a good working relationship, and open communications across the business
- To present a full business review to the Regional Sales Manager on a monthly basis
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the company’s management
- To proactively cold call and set up appointments with new business opportunities when no appointments have been made
- In order to succeed you will be determined, tenacious, and sales focused, with a natural flair for selling in a very competitive market
- A proven track record of successful business to business sales.
- Experience involving 'outside sales’ within Financial Services, with a major utilities provider or a mobile communications business would be ideal
- Self-motivated, results orientated with a positive outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to display empathy
- Well presented, businesslike, with good time management skills and the ability to say 'no’
- Able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, up to senior management level
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong clerical and organisational skills
- Good IT skills particularly MS Word and MS Excel
- Good numeracy skills
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability
- Driving license (ideally clean)
- Credit rating to meet FSA regulatory requirements
The post holder will be in regular communication with:
- Head of Field Sales
- Sales / Admin support
- Sole traders / partners / directors of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s)
- Employees and 'gatekeepers’ of SME’s
- Merchant Services partners
- Business Development
- Cold Calling
- Direct Sales
- New Business Opportunities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job