This role is responsible to Director of Business Development and Marketing, with a day to day reporting line to the London Sales Partner. The firm’s marketing and business development structure needs to refocus its efforts on building stronger relations with clients, prospective clients and referrers.
This role involves working effectively with practice personnel in London, and where necessary across the firm in taking the lead for specific service and sector business development. You will guide, coach and measure Partners’ and managers’ contact with our prospects, clients and intermediaries, with the aim of securing further chargeable work. Key responsibilities in this role are:
- Identifying and retaining our key clients through the key client programme;
- Selling additional services to existing clients;
- Working with partners throughout the process of pitching for new business;
- Identifying prospective clients and actively targeting them;
- Working with partners to create, manage, convert and measure individuals’ new business pipelines.
- A Levels or equivalent and degree;
- Ideally experience in a business development and sales environment in a law, accounting or other professional services environment;
- Professional marketing qualification desirable but not essential;
- Local market knowledge;
- Sector experience in Technology, Financial services or Property & Construction an advantage, especially in the international marketplace;
- Key client programme experience;
- Though London-based, the post-holder must be prepared to travel to different offices.
The following personal qualities are essential to this role:
- Excellent organisational skills with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Professional and presentable
Planning and delivery
- Working with the local partners to set the focus and direction for business development, through a robust and active sales and marketing plan which is aligned to the firm-wide strategy;
- Managing the sector/service BD/marketing budget, measuring return on investment and challenging planned/unplanned expenditure.
Market and sector insight
- Having a commercial mind-set, able to identify and react to market opportunities;
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the local market;
- 'Taking the client’s perspective’ when considering targeting, sales and pitching propositions.
Targeting and relationship management
- Creating targeted BD initiatives for sectors and services;
- Leading role in organising campaigns/events designed to build relationships and fees;
- Ensuring the collection of feedback, meetings with prospects and intermediaries, and referrals.
- Advising Managers and Partners on how to strengthen relationships and in winning new work from clients as well as client care initiatives;
- Devising and putting into action client plans;
- Client facing experience, whether at events, networking, hospitality;
- Generating sales opportunities, generate revenue and help win new clients;
- Undertaking client interviews, whether post pitch or for client service reviews.
Proposing for new work
- Advising, guiding and coaching teams pitching for new business (and interviewing clients/prospective clients thereafter).
Liaison and collaboration with the wider marketing and business development team
- Maintaining and promoting the Kreston Reeves brand both internally and externally
- Working with the Director of BD and Marketing, and the wider Marketing and BD team, to ensure a co-ordinated approach;
- Giving support to the central team as and when needed.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job