•Job Title: Business Analyst
•CV Submission Deadline: 11/04/18 14:45
•Deadline for Questions: 4 hours from distribution
•The Maximum Pay Rate: £525 Umbrella (IR
•Location: DMO 11 Philpot Lane, London
•Contract Length: 6 months
•Clearance Level Required: SC
•Additional Info: Inside IR35 1 position required
•Distribution: Programme and Project Management
The UK Debt Management Office is looking for a high-calibre and enthusiastic senior business analyst to join the Business Delivery Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of delivery in investment banking operational environments and will understand the government bond and money markets and how they operate.
The role will involve:
• Working closely with business areas on the business issue, guiding, defining and validating process models & requirement specifications.
• Detailed data, impact and workflow analysis to identify and evaluate possible solutions.
• Working with the project team to agree an appropriate solution that meets the requirements and the approach for implementing the change.
• Ensuring appropriate documentation sets are delivered and maintained.
• Provide business support and guidance as necessary
The successful candidate will understand and follow good practice methods and be able to navigate through the work quickly and effectively to tight timescales. Good communications skills and a pro-active "can-do" approach are essential for this role.
The DMO has a complex & challenging IT environment that includes a government secure network and hosts a range of investment banking-type services (e.g. portfolio modelling tools, trading systems, market data systems). This is a good opportunity for someone who has good relevant experience to have a major positive influence in a key financial services organisation
• Recent business analysis experience in financial services (ideally treasury, banking or securities markets) using structured methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, UML (Use cases).
• At least 5 years’ practical experience of supporting, configuring and implementing financial trading , settlement, risk management, market data and financial accounting solutions.
• Practical experience of facilitating workshops, conducting impact analysis, eliciting & writing requirements for business & technical projects, collaborating with business users and the technical teams to define solutions.
• Solid experience of producing business process models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) and writing clear and concise business & technical requirements
• Practical business analysis experience of delivering technical projects such as Desktop & Network upgrades, Telephony, Cyber Security, Data Management, Business Intelligence etc.
• Highly structured, organised and meticulous approach to work, with strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
• Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to simplify complex issues and communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task and consistently deliver solutions and proposals on time and to budget
• Strong self-motivation and able to take the initiative
• Good team player & Mentor
• Flexible and adaptable
• Risk aware
• Microsoft Visio
• Practical knowledge of a range of financial market instruments including government bonds, repos, commercial paper, certificates of deposit, treasury bills, swaps, cash, loans, deposits, hedging tools & strategy etc.
• Comprehensive understanding of Front, Middle & Back office processes such as trade capture, position keeping, P&L, risk management, liquidity management, settlement, financial accounting and reference/market data management.
• Knowledge of relevant system and of relevant systems configuration & set-up (trading, market data systems).
• Experience of producing business process models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
- Business Analyst
- Business Process
- Data Management
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job