Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Rochester, Kent
Pay Rate (£): £45,000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance
Regionally based relationship and development managers will be responsible for the management and business development of key customer relationships with Local Authority, NHS and private commissioners of services and increasing The Company's presence in the market.
The relationship and development manager will manage a portfolio based on Local Authority geography, and will seek to build and develop business within their portfolio including residential, supported living and outreach services.
* a good working knowledge of health and social care, particularly in relation to Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities and Acquired Brain Injury.
* Complying with all company policies and procedures including those relating to Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
* Cross working with other relationship and development managers to identify where individuals could be placed if a need is not met from within the portfolio
* Early identification of issues that may lead to service issues and prevent local commissioners procuring our services.
* Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of proposals for customers in conjunction with finance.
* Increased occupancy in residential and supported living services.
* Increased hours in outreach provision.
* Identification of new business development opportunities with the post holders portfolio
* Sound commercial understanding and knowledge of local competitors.
* Contribution where required to local tenders and mini-bids
* The relationship and development manager will also take the lead on placements that are commission out of county by one of their portfolio commissioners.
Culture and Communication
* This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
* Strong people management skills, in a dynamic sales environment.
* Track and maintain accurate records in relation to the referral pipeline, including outcomes and conversion ratios.
* Undertaking any relevant training and attending relevant meetings as designated.
* Make recommendations to the Sales and Marketing Director for changes in policy/process moving forward.
* Have the ability to manage complex and multi work stream opportunities.
* The relationship and development manager will work closely with the following:
* The role will work closely with operations directors, operations managers and services managers to ensure that business that is gained is successfully assessed and implemented into the business. This may also require the relationship and development manager to work closely with the wider business to identify resources to successfully implement new business.
* Working with key customers the relationship and development manager will also identify business opportunities and threats that may require a redevelopment of current services.
* As this role is a new role within the organisation the post holder would be expected to contribute to the development of the role over time.
* Due to the nature of this post, a full UK driving license is essential.
Interested Applicants Please Contact: Andy Villalba: Tel:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.