Property estate in London are looking for an MRICS Building Surveyor with projects based experience
Your new company
This organisation owns a multi-billion pound property estate in Central London across the residential, commercial and retail sector. They are London's main residential landlords, offering an unrivalled spread of rental properties varying in size from studio flats to large period townhouses.
Your new role
- Primary responsibility for the day to day running of the Residential Management Team including leading and motivating the team. Tasked with setting strategic goals for the Department, developing these into operational plans and successful implementation
- Standard service to be in accordance with the RICS code of practice, current legislation and the standard operating procedures of the company
- Inspecting, assessing and diagnosing faults and repairs, specifying works, procurement and overseeing the performance of contractors
- Providing building surveying expertise to other members of the team as directed.
You will also be required to:
- Carry out technical due diligence surveys, property inspections and produce survey reports
- Oversee Property Managers' dilapidations process, prepare schedules of condition and produce reinstatement cost assessments
- Liaise with Projects Team on refurbishment and build projects
- Responsible for compliance relating to residential portfolio, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to tenants and put proposals to Residential Director
- Responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed residential property
- Ensure Credit Control targets are met for rent and service charge collections
- Review and implement a strategy for improvement of Contractor services
- Review processes and procedures, implementing enhancements to improve the overall performance and service
- Deliver best-in-class service to customers, measurable in externally conducted customer satisfaction surveys
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor with extensive knowledge and understanding of housing / rent acts legislations. The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the residential sector providing professional and projects based Building Surveying services.
The client is also looking for someone with strong management and organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high level of customer service and build strong relationships with other members of the cross functional team.
What you'll get in return
A basic salary of up to £65K + a generous benefits package. This will also be an opportunity to work within a client side role on a prestigious property portfolio within Central London.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Client Side MRICS Building Surveyor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job