Randstad CPE is working with a large provider of Social Housing, who has a fantastic opportunity for an Building Surveyor to join their team in the Salisbury area.
As part of a dynamic and forward thinking Maintenance and Reinvestment department, you will be playing a key role in delivering sustainable maintenance & surveying solutions.
* Administrate contracts, such as capital replacements, mechanical & electrical installations and cyclical refurbishments.
* Undertake surveying duties from inception to completion, including stock condition, energy efficiency, repairs or improvements and fire risk assessments.
* Carry out regular and post inspections of works, authorising payments in accordance with financial regulations and specific contract particulars.
* Monitor and manage the performance of contractors, reporting on quality, cost and completion of targets to the Regional Property Services Manager and Investment and Performance Manager.
* Liaise and provide advice to the Regional Property Services Manager, Housing and Extra Care Managers in the formation and preparation of future years investment programmes.
* The successful candidate would ideally hold minimum of a HNC / HND in a construction related discipline. Applicants with 5 years post qualification experience are desirable.
* Full UK driving license
* Experience within the Social Housing sector is desirable.
* Contract Administration of major works including preparing tender documentation, reporting on tenders, managing contractors, quality control and certification
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job