A superb opportunity for an experienced Biomedical Engineer / Research Scientist with a background in Electronics Design or Physics to play a role developing new implantable medical device technologies. This is a brand new vacancy for a Masters or PhD qualified Electronics Engineer / Physicist / Medical Scientist at a highly regarded, Cambridge based, product development company. As the Biomedical Engineer you will be involved in serious hands-on research that is breaking technology boundaries in medical science, including neuromodulation / neurostimulation devices, which monitor and record neural activity then deliver therapies to the nervous system. This revolutionary technology also has potential for other applications such as consumer technology products. In return, the company offers excellent financial rewards plus opportunities for personal growth & career development, together with the satisfaction of developing technologies which will truly transform people's lives.
As a key member of an international, multi-disciplinary product development team, the Biomedical Engineer will:
- Apply hands-on physical science and engineering knowledge combined with life science insights, to develop viable technologies for implantable electronics components such as custom neurostimulation lead geometries.
- Design experimental apparatus and conduct proof-of-principle experiments
- Develop and build prototypes involving elements of electronics, optics, mechanics, materials sciences.
- Identify and research other 'blue-sky' technologies for possible commercial exploitation
- Present results and findings to colleagues, management and clients.
To be considered for this Biomedical Science / Electronics Engineering role you require the following:
- A Masters (MPhys/MSci/MEng) 2.1 or above and /or a Doctorate PhD, EngD, DPhil in Physics, Electronics Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of Physics and Maths from first principals
- Intuitive understanding of how physics affect real world processes and products
- Specific experience in areas such as point-of-care diagnostics or life sciences instrumentation
- A "hands on" highly practical approach to experimental physics and instrumentation
- Potential for personal growth into Team Leadership and Management roles.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'