Data Engineer - AWS, Cloud, SQL
Up to £65,000
A market-leading Online business are currently recruiting to strengthen their Engineering team. The team are currently using Informatica, Talend, (amongst other technologies), and are looking start incorporating more including AWS. This is a great opportunity to join an established team and help them expand their data platform, whilst learning from a number of different experienced professionals in a collaborative environment.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Data Engineer
As Data Engineer, you will work on their modern highly-performant platform which they have invested £60M in over the last 3 years. The platform brings products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors.
- Work to help establish clear requirements with business analysts or directly with business and other technology stakeholders
- Design robust, extendable, simple to maintain and secure solutions to meet those requirements. This will often including the schema design as well as the data integration.
- Create code to deliver that design in the most appropriate technologies.
- Tune existing solutions to improve the business experience and value we can get from our data
- Perform analysis where needed
- Work closely with Architecture and Infrastructure to ensure the safety of our customer's data.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this Data Engineer role, you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, any flavour
- Good knowledge of Databases, ideally a mix of SQL and NoSQL
- Experience working in a cloud based environment, AWS, GCP and Azure are all fine
- Ideally, any of: experience working in a big data environment, Python, Spark, CRM systems, SAS, Analytics Databases
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, do so via this site. For more information on this role or other data engineering roles, get in touch with Liam at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: SQL, Data Engineer, AWS, Talend, Vertica, SAS, Python, Spark
- Data Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job