Battery Technician- Tevva Motors have a fantastic opportunity for a Battery Technician
to be a part of our growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills, you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference.
You will support the core systems in our company to assist re-power and new build solutions. This role is based in Chelmsford with occasional UK travel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with high voltage battery systems and / or live electrical systems
- Assembly of large battery and battery management systems following SSOW
- Testing to prescribe quality control plan
- Ensure the workshop environment, health and safety and production is maintained at a high standard
- Assist in the publication of SSOW and Risk Assessment
- Basic battery / electrical fault diagnosis
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in basic CAN communication
- Knowledge of automotive engine, interface technologies, control systems and battery systems
- Good bench work / hand tool skills
- Experience with IT and Microsoft packages
- Ability to take responsibility for project delivery
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Full UK driving license
As the successful Battery Technician, you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including Microsoft packages.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: battery, technician, CAN, SSOW, electrical
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job