Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility?
Do you ever feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals. You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success. If you are looking for a career, with genuine opportunities to move up the ladder, then we are a company that want to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
The Banking accounts administrator is responsible for performing a variety of banking duties and financial administration, as well as reconciling bank accounts against Copart's own internal accounting records, and investigating any exceptions which arise from this. The role will also provide support to other projects as required, both UK and International.
This role would particularly suit someone looking to begin a career in accounting, as it offers great opportunities for personal development, learning and progression.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciling bank accounts against internal accounting records
- Financial administration including new user set-up, banking queries, adjusting credit limits
- Administration of various banking systems (including Barclays.net, DataCash, Precisionpay, ePDQ)
- Providing guidance to yards with administration queries relating to the banking systems used
- Administration of out of date and voided cheques and stop cheque requests
- Weekly downloading and sourcing of back-up information in preparation for reconciliations
- Month end reporting, presenting reconciliations for sign-off
- Preparing journal entries in JD Edwards for adjustments/write offs
- Using cour Auction System (CAS) and online banking system to review exceptions & providing guidance to business units with deposit/cheque queries to rectify errors
- Using CAS, JD Edwards and online banking system to reconcile deposits and cheques
- Using JD Edwards to reconcile the general bank accounts, ensuring all entries have been recorded in the correct accounting period
- Assisting in preparation for quarterly auditing, including SOX compliance
- Regularly liaising with other teams, both internally, at yards, and with banking contacts
- Working proactively to ensure deadlines are met & processes are examined and improved
- Such other duties as requested by the Banking Accounts Manager
Banking Accounts Assistant | Accounts Assistant | Accounts | Bank Reconciliation | Finance AssistantEssential Requirements:
- Good MS Excel skills, including a understanding of v-lookups
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident user of computer systems in general
- Able to format and present spreadsheets and reports to high standard
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills - and the ability to build quality professional relationships
- A positive, can-do person
- AAT Level 2 in Accounting
- Knowledge of JD Edwards system
- On-line banking experience
- Proactive with improving processes
- Comfortable working within a 'change-centric' environment
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period)
- Family Events
We are one of Europe's leading vehicle remarketers, auctioning in excess of 300,000 vehicles per year through our online auction technology across our 15 UK facilities. We work with many of the world's leading insurance, finance, banks, automotive dealers, fleet and rental car companies who rely on our combination of our advanced technology, robust processes and our people to deliver industry leading performance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job