Band Saw / FLT Operative
We are a steel company, stocking large blocks of steel - which we cut to required sizes using our industrial band saw machinery.
We are looking for a person who is motivated and punctual. Someone who is able to work alone, as well as in part of a team - and someone who is searching for a long-term career with opportunity to grow with the company.
- The applicant should be generally fit and physically able for this role, as it can be a very physical job role, moving and lifting blocks of steel.
- They would be responsible for the organisation of the warehouse, and daily general cleaning and tidying, sweeping up daily, colour coding steel blocks...etc..
- The applicant would be measuring blocks of steel and keeping the stock inventory up to date, and completing regular stock checks - this would include lifting blocks of steel - putting them in the correct place, recording and measuring each piece for the inventory.
- Helping to maintain and regularly cleaning down the machinery.
- Other duties would include placing the cut steel pieces onto pallets or wrapped as parcels ready to dispatch daily - and unloading deliveries safely.
- The applicant would be expected to help and support the band saw operator and other members of staff.
- There would be an opportunity to grow within the company, including being trained on using bandsaw machinery.
- Good communication skills are essential
The warehouse member would be communicating daily with the office staff with regards to deliveries / collections / any issues with machinery or problems with cutting / and letting the office staff when any warehouse supplies are running low.
To apply please submit your CV
- BAND SAW
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job