I am currently recruiting for a variety of security positions for my client who provide their security services to a blue-chip client in the City of London. They have recently opened a new European Head Office building and are currently looking for security professionals to join their team.
The shift pattern on offer for this role is a Rolling roster
- On a rolling roster i.e. a 12 hrs shift changing at 07:00 and 19:00 hrs and 3 days, 4 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 3 nights and 4 off shift pattern giving an average of 56 hours per week
The Core Team Back of House Security Officer will be a highly experienced corporate security officer providing security and customer service for the client. On occasion, these officers may need to field questions about the building or the surrounding area from employees, guests or members of the public. This position will be part of a professional, credible and uniformed security team. Officers assigned to these positions must have excellent communication skills and be confident to engage efficiently and effectively with individuals in a professional and polite manner. This Officer will conduct patrols of the interior and exterior of the building, provide escorts to guest and vendors, and control access and egress at various building entrances. They will be vigilant in their duties, identifying and reporting any unusual behaviour, building faults or hostile reconnaissance. There is a requirement to provide a fire safety monitoring role. Officers will have a sound understanding of security principles and customer service. The Officer will be asked to perform outdoor work, however outdoor work wear will be provided. This position will involve shift work that includes nights and weekend work. As well as working in a modern building the client provides refreshments and snacks at no charge and security staff are free to enjoy these when on their breaks during a shift. They are however only for consumption on site and in reasonable quantities.
- Control all aspects of access and egress to the building
- Maintain security of people and property on the estate
- Ensure that uniform is clean, pressed and of the highest standards at all times
- Report all safety issues to the Building Security Operations Centre or Shift Manager immediately
- Report all technical security issues to the Building Security Operations Centre or Shift Manager immediately
- Carry out thorough ID checks to company standards
- Carry out searches of areas and people in accordance with assignment instructions
- Operate security search and screening equipment during periods of heightened security
- Provide security escort to all areas of the building as and when required
- Operate in emergencies, evacuations and events that may occur.
- Be able to work shifts
- Possess a current SIA licence
- Security and / or customer service experience
- Clear communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Punctual with a good attendance record
- Good appearance and presentation
- Be responsive in emergency situations
- Be physically fit and be able to spend extended periods on their feet
- Team player
- Security Officer position will report directly to the Shift Manager
- Represent the company and the client in a professional manner
- Provide the highest levels of quality in Security
- Be vigilant to the Health & Safety risks, reporting ay such issues immediately
- Be responsive to clients, visitors, vendors and general public
- Commitment to punctuality and support team function
- Read, understand and apply assignment instructions
- Follow delegated instructions
- Deal with conflict in an appropriate manner if required
- Fully understand the emergency procedures for the building
- Protect and respect any issued property/equipment
Pay rate £11.29, free drinks and snacks whilst on duty.
I do try to reply to each application personally, however I anticipate a very high number of applications for this role and therefore it may not be possible to do this. Therefore, if I do not contact you within seven days of your application for this role has not been successful. However, I will retain your CV and I will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
- Corporate Security
- SIA Licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job