- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standard
- Implement and test work against an agreed requirement specification
- Ability to work well within a team and support others
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience building server-side web applications
- Knowledge of .Net development frameworks
- Communication skills, to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Organisational skills with the ability to work unsupervised
- Be a self-starter who can be relied on to get the job done
- Flexibility and adaptability, resilient and able to change focus on demand
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines individually or as part of a team; with an exceptional attention to detail
- A passion for technology and knowledge of the full software / product development lifecycle
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
A unique opportunity to join an innovative and fast paced team who operate in 6 global countries! Due to the private ownership and direction of its senior leadership team, it is continuously rapidly expanding and is recognised by wider businesses and has received numerous awards in recognition of its work. Plenty of room for career progression whether it be in the UK or in another one of its countries- a great time to join them on their journey of success!
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job