An exciting opportunity to join this famous, well established industry body in their prestigious London HeadQuarters in their membership team.
This is a newly created role which requires a self-motivated and experienced sales professional who will be responsible for targeted membership acquisition - recruiting new members and upgrading existing members, via outbound tele-sales calls.
The successful candidate will be commercial in their thinking and work to maximise membership revenue through recruiting new members and will aim to achieve and exceed membership sales and upgrade targets.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate significant new business sales (new joiners and upgraders) to agreed monthly targets via outbound calling
• Work to joiner and upgrade targets, forecasting outcomes and regularly reporting on performance against targets
• Deploy soft sales techniques to explain the benefits of, and encourage, upgrades
• Advise, recommend and assist members with choosing the correct membership package and sell the benefits of the upper packages
• Develop warm leads and nurture relationships with prospects to close the deal, and potentially sell further products and services
• Actively build and develop knowledge of the sector, competition, clients' needs and company services in order to assist with objection-handling and identify product improvements
• Understand and respond to member concerns or reasons for leaving, briefing prospects of their options, countering concerns and persuading individuals to join and/or remain in membership
• Identify opportunities to promote the benefits of membership during all calls, tailoring information about our services to the individuals’ circumstances and needs, to improve understanding of the member offering and improve perception of value
• Work in a unified way with other Sales Team members to ensure all opportunities to support and sell are utilised
• Develop and foster close relationships with key stakeholders, such as Membership and Marketing colleagues, to ensure up-to-date information is shared with prospects
• Undertake any other duties or special projects commensurate with the aims and objectives of this post.
• Solid background in a phone based b2b sales role
• Proven track record of business acquisition and experience of meeting sales targets
• Strong commercial acumen
• Confident telephone manner with outstanding persuasion skills, and expert at closing deals
• Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service
• Excellent personal organisation skills with ability to maintain high energy levels and motivation during repetitive work
• High level of initiative and confidence, with a creative and member-centric approach to problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience and knowledge of database-driven sales and contact systems, and ability to undertake system processing with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly flexible and adaptable, with a 'cando’ attitude
• Good team player with ability to liaise, develop and maintain good relationships with fellow staff and other stakeholders
• Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel and use of contact / CRM databases
A competitive basic salary of £25,000 is on offer plus uncapped commission plan with On Target Earnings of £40,000.
Please apply immediately to Shape Media.
- Business Development
- New Business Development
- B2B sales