Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are working with a Nottingham based Engineering specialist business operating within the automation and materials handling industry as they look to recruit an Electrical Controls Engineer.
Reporting into the Technical Manager, the purpose of your role will be the design and installation of Electrical Control Systems and providing support as necessary to other functions in the electrical controls department.
The specific duties of this role will include:
- Design & Commissioning of hard wired and PLC/Computer based control systems for a wide range of materials handling and automation systems
- Design safe and reliable control systems that comply with all relevant regulations
- Design control systems to meet project timing plans and delivered within budget.
- Support sales teams
- Software design, development and commissioning
- Customer training.
- Technical support
- Design new control circuits and carry out modification of existing designs; must be familiar with common design software packages
- Comply with customer specification when included with scope of supply
- Job files / technical files to be constructed in accordance with ISO9001 / company procedure
The ideal person will have experience of SIEMENS (essential), MITSUBISHI and ALLEN BRADLEY.
You will also have experience of:
- Design PLC programs for large and small systems
- Use of programming equipment for development, down loading and monitoring
- Commissioning on site
- Construction of operating manual/s
- Maintaining back up software in accordance with ISO9001 / company procedure
- Provide customer training at engineer and operator levels
- Experienced and proficient in the use of, PLC, HMI and auto ID equipment
- Good knowledge of networking technologies e.g. Serial, ASI, Profibus and Ethernet.
- Good knowledge of motor control including D.C. and A.C. variable speed controllers
- Qualified to HNC Level of higher in electrical, electronic and control engineering.
This is an excellent role working for a growing business who are looking for strong engineering professionals to grow and develop within the business.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job