Five Education are working with an SEN base that attached to a mainstream school near Bridgwater. They are looking for an LSA to work with secondary age students who have Autism and may have other needs as well.
Some of the students are non-verbal, and some are higher functioning and only spend part of their time in the base. Depending on the students you may be working in the main school some of the time.
They use autism-friendly approaches such as Social Stories, Now and Next, the 5 point scale for communication anxiety and emotion as well as the de-escalating techniques from Team Teach. The staff in this class have a quiet and non-anxious approach.
- Supporting secondary aged students in a small class
- Using autism-friendly approaches to support in class
- Helping with differentiation, ensuring that all students can access the curriculum - which may not be at the expected levels for their ages
- Working with the class teacher to maintain a calm and quiet approach to benefit the pupils
- Working with outside professionals who may be providing additional support to the pupils
- Helping the students to develop and utilise coping mechanisms to manage overstimulation
- At least 12 months of recent experience supporting children with SEN in a care/ education setting
- At least 6 months of experience supporting children with ASC
- Confident to work alone or in small groups
- Able to use your initiative
- Knowledge of autism-friendly approaches such as Social Stories and Now & Next will be an advantage but is not essential
- Calm and able to help students regulate their emotions
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Ideally, candidates will have access to a car as this school is not easy to access by public transport.
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Able to work 8.30-3.30 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, barred list check, reference checks, face to face interview and professional checks such as a TRA check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'