This is a general practice role for an experienced Audit and Accounts senior.
Ideally looking for minimum of three years general practice experience.
Previous experience of conducting external audits from start to finish in an accountancy practice environment is a must.
Preparation of statutory annual accounts under FRS102 and FRS105 ready for partner review.
Some personal and corporate tax work will also be offered, but tax experience is not essential requirement.
The role will be roughly split 50/50 between audit and accounts assignments.
The practice currently has around 25 audit clients with largest turnover being £35M and including one set of consolidated accounts. Largely owner managed SME.
- Reporting directly to Partners and eventually managing own client portfolio
- Planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client source records ready for partner review
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment and performing external audits is a must
- Produce work for the partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff on both audit and accounts assignments, including review work pre partner review
- Predominant amount of time will be in main office with some off-site visits to client's premises to undertake audit field work
- ACA/ACCA qualified (we are not ACA registered so cannot sign off any work experience for ACA if still required)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job