My client is undergoing a dynamic, transformational and strategic programme of change. As a result of this, the Internal Audit function is expanding to meet the ever increasing need for timely and robust assurance. If you are looking for a new opportunity in a progressive organisation which puts the customers at the heart of everything they do, then this could be the opportunity for you. As well as exciting projects and themed reviews to work on, they offer excellent support and development and an environment you can really thrive in.
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, Key responsibilities include
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders that are challenging, constructive and professional, aiding the performance of audits.
- Plan and deliver audits, on time and within budget, which provide adequate assurance over the key risks within the scope of the audit.
- Work with the Resource Manager to secure the required resources for the audit assignment and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of audit team colleagues.
- Deliver robust audit reports, opining on the adequacy of the control environment, the root causes and themes of issues and the risk culture.
- Understand the activities and findings of other assurance providers (such as external audit and Group Risk) to consider the impact of their findings on audit assignments.
- Influence colleagues across the group to embed robust, cost-effective controls to strengthen the overall control framework in response to weaknesses identified by Internal Audit.
- Identify opportunities to improve the operation of Internal
To succeed in the role you will hold a relevant degree or professional qualification and demonstrate the following skills
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.
- Broad knowledge of internal auditing in areas of responsibility
- Project management skills and experience of leading small teams working with pace whilst maintaining quality.
- Ability to make professional judgements on the adequacy and effectiveness of control frameworks, demonstrating commercial awareness and sound business judgement.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Experience of leading audit teams in reviews from planning to report issuance.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Strong written communication skills, able to author reports with minimal oversight.