Audit Manager / Audit & Accounts Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a renowned and fast-growing Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Business Services team and recruit for an Audit & Accounts Manager (General Practice Manager). The firm has an enviable reputation across the Thames Valley/Home Counties and West London region providing a full range of professional services to OMBs and private PLCs up to £150m turnover. Reporting to one of the Directors, you will be responsible for:
- Leading your own client portfolioto include accounts preparation, audit work and tax assignments (typically 50% Accounts, 40% Audit and 10% Tax)
- Ensuring all juniors are supervised on Audit & Accounts assignments and that accounts preparation is reviewed
- Scheduling the Job Control system, liaising and planning withthe Practice Manager as required
- Controlling assignments as they proceed, ensuring work is completed on time and within agreed budget
- Providing technical assistance and performing client account technical checks
- Managing the Audit process of major clients with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and drafts of company financial statements
- Identifying risk matters and raising them with the Manager and/or Partner whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
To be considered for the role you should be a fully qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant from another Accountancy Firm with strong client experience and ideally staff management skills. The position requires someone who can manage their own portfolio of OMB clients, review the work of junior team members and be proactive with business development and networking. You should be self-motivated, energetic, be able to take the initiative with excellent planning, organisational and team working skills.
On offer is a salary up to £65,000 depending on previous experience within the profession and benefits to includecompany pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, Thames Valley & the Midlands region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act
- External Audit
- Statutory Accounts
- Client Accounts