Audit Director - Top10 Accounting Firm
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accounting Firm who are looking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit a Qualified ACA/ACCA AuditDirector for their Central London offices. With a portfolio focusing on Financial Services clients, you will be reporting to one of the Audit Partners and managing a junior audit team, and responsible for:
- Managing the Audit process of major UK & International clients in the Financial Services sector with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Main point of contact for all clients across Asset Management, Challenger Banks, Fund Management and Wealth Management businesses
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical audit issues identified during the course of audits
- Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
- Responsible for reviewing audit assignments prior to being passed on to Partners.
- Preparing the audit pack, including review of the planning memorandum, working paper file, financial statements and audit conclusions
- Ensuring partners review and sign off planning papers, to ensure fieldwork of the audit can start within a timely manner
- Managing the high-level audit process including budgets and timescales, as well as completing required forms
- Summarising outstanding points to partners & clients, providing analytical reviews and dealing with all client queries
- Reviewing work schedules for the team, ensuring the right level of specialist qualified staff are booked onto each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
- Setting and agreeing the level of on-site decision making with members of the team
- Undertaking de-briefing sessions after each audit assignment and providing feedback on performance and budget with Partners
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with previous Audit experience of large-sized corporate businesses in the Financial Services sector ideally, from a Top 4/Top10 or sector specific Accountancy firm. As this position offers a definite route to future partnerships, you must be an expert in Business Development, will have strong hands-on staff management skills, worked on multiple and complex FS audit clients, and built strong relationships with clients and internal management teams.
On offer is a salary up to £100,000 depending on qualification and relevant experience with benefits to include car allowance, company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Asset Management
- External Audit
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job