What impact will you make? The Opportunity.
Our Corporate Audit and Assurance business has recently undergone an exciting transformation in which we will be able to target the audit and assurance market through our three new business streams, FTSE, International and Private Markets. These will operate as three very different businesses providing the highest quality, client specific audit and assurance services to our clients. Due to a number of significant wins across our FTSE and International businesses, we are looking to attract a number of Audit and Assurance professionals to join these groups.
Our Corporate FTSE group is focussed on UK businesses registered on the London Stock Exchanges and includes the most recognised and highest profile clients in the UK. It brings together both our largest and most influential clients and our most ambitious and high growth listed clients. The nature of our work ensures a deep understanding of these clients and enables you to broaden your relationships with the client far beyond the main finance team, allowing you to deliver true value-added insights to clients.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
You will be based in the Deloitte Leeds or Manchester office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across industry specialisms - our clients are varied, and vary in location. Whilst some clients are Leeds or Manchester based, we do spend time on site with other regional clients. We specify full mobility for our audit roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Audit and Assurance planning and the delivery of the audit and assurance plan to the client;
- Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members;
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
- Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings;
- Leading audit and assurance teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
- Involvement in tendering for new clients.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting standards;
- Experience in auditing FTSE listed and International clients;
- The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
- Ability to develop effective client relationships;
- Project management experience;
- PCAOB audit regulation experience is desirable, but not essential
We are Audit and Assurance
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit and assurance practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 147319
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job