Audit Assistant Manager
We’re looking for newly qualified accountants to join the audit practice of a Big 4 firm’s Newcastle office to work as Audit Assistant Manager on a portfolio of high profile clients including leading names in a wide variety of sectors such as construction, manufacturing, retail and leisure - very well known plcs and reputable owner managed businesses.
You’ll join a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. Working alongside advisory and tax functions as Audit Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for planning and project managing all aspects of audits including:
- Controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
- Ensuring projects comply with internal and International Auditing Standards
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Report writing for Audit Committees and management
- Identification of ways to differentiate the practice, bringing new and innovative ideas to clients
As Audit Assistant Manager, you’ll need:
- Strong current/recent background in Audit or Accountancy practice including a reasonable proportion of Audit work, ideally including good practical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification with high first time pass rate
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Creativity, commercial focus and the ability to think big picture, out of the box
- Accountability and decision making ability, detail-focused, organised and commitment to quality
- A willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities with a commitment to personal development
- Leadership skills, the ability to act as a role model, drive and resilience
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Audit Assistant Manager, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Accountancy Firm
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'