Our client an established, 15 Partner firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking an Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager for their Uckfield Office.
Reporting to the Partner, you will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients and managing a team of audit & account seniors and semi-seniors.
Key Duties will include:-
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team
- Monitor and control the audit team - review the teams work, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards
- Oversee and control completion of accounts and audit assignments including assessing controls, systems and planning
- Tailor audit programmes to suit client business environments
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client’s needs, their business and key risks
- Address situations before they become a crisis and develop solutions to avoid recurrence
- Maintain a high technical and professional standard
- Manage team and individual budgets and performance objectives
- Identify ways to maximise the relationship and deliver added value
- Business development - identify and win new clients
- Work alongside HR, IT and Marketing to evaluate and improve working processes
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings, emerging risks and actions to address identified risks
You will hold a professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA and have at least 2-3 years post qualified experience within practice, ideally within a managerial position.
You will also possess a good knowledge of Caseware, Sage, Quickbooks, Xero, Alphatax and CCH and have some understanding of HAT audit methodology
This is an excellent opportunity with a proactive firm and prospects are superb.
- Auditing Standards
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job