The role of Audit and Accounts Senior will be central to the firm and its performance, based in Stratford upon Avon. As the Audit and Accounts Senior you will bring efficiency and organisation to the firms audit function, and you will have responsibility for supervising the audit team. Audit will account for 50% of your time, and your remaining time will be made up of ad hoc tax and accounts assignments.
The firm is a growing two Partner accounting firm and your role will help us to enhance and develop our service.
The Audit and Accounts Senior will have experience that supports these responsibilities and technical audit knowledge to ensure that the firms' current and permanent files are compliant with institute guidance whilst retaining good budget awareness for assignments.
- Audit fieldwork and supervision of junior staff members.
- Full understanding of auditing ISAs and institute compliance to apply to all files
- Extensive FRS102 transitional knowledge
- Supervision audit team to ensure the delivery of internal targets
- Training of part qualified trainees
- Building and maintaining client relationships including client meetings where required
- Ad hoc client query assistance in payroll, VAT, accounting programs etc
- Ad hoc special assignments
- Identification of new audit processes and controls
- Use of CCH Central software for Accounts production and formatting purposes and various client software platforms such as Sage 50, Fusemetrics and Pinnacle.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within audit
- Fully conversant in new UK GAAP
- Higher level accounting qualification, preferably ACA or ACCA
- Experience in practice, particularly in a training and supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work under pressure and taking responsibility for own deliverables
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis skills
- An appetite for challenges and willingness to learn and grow with the firm
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Progression and opportunity
- Professional and relaxed working environment
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18593
- accounts preparation
- external audit
- statutory accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job