This advert is open to Associate Specialists / Speciality Doctors / CESR in Sexual health.
Are you looking for a job in Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust Sexual health department? Do you want:
• To progress your career in Integrated Sexual Health Care?
• To join a team with a track record of innovation and a passionate commitment to high standards in Sexual Health Care?
• A pace of work that challenges you, but does not overwhelm you?
• Work with a diverse patient population with a wide spectrum of sexual health needs
• Too work in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty This is an exciting time to join Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, as it has recently become one of the first vertically-integrated health and care organisations in the country. Our Sexual Health service has also joined with Exeter and Barnstaple services to be part of Devon Sexual Health. We are looking for an enthusiastic doctor who wishes to work in our integrated clinic in a supportive environment.
This post is for 6 PAs per week. It is anticipated that this will be done over 3 days, of which at least one would be worked remotely.
Torbay and South Devon Foundation Trust has a strong track record in supporting the Associate Specialist Grade. It was the first trust to reopen the grade and has a positive culture of developing the careers of SAS doctors. To date, Associate Specialists have taken on numerous senior roles within the trust including appraisal lead, SAS tutor, chair of the JLNC, clinical director, medical examiner and sub dean for Plymouth University Medical School. Associate specialists have parity of terms and conditions of service with their consultant colleagues.
The Sexual Health department at Torbay not only provides GU and contraception services, under the auspices of Devon Sexual Health, but also hosts the community based aspect of the Trust’s TOP service and the HIV service.
Current medical staffing includes 3 consultants, 3 associate specialists and a specialty doctor. In addition we have both a foundation programme trainee and a GP trainee working in the department and will be receiving both year 3 and year 5 medical students on placement from the 2020 academic year onwards.
The successful candidate would be encouraged to contribute to educational activities, become involved in research, undertake audit and to create a leadership or educational portfolio. Time is provided for this, both in terms of supporting professional activities and time for clinical admin; with a study leave budget for approved meetings, conferences and education.
The Department is innovative and enthusiastic and has a clear commitment to staff development for all groups.
Torbay is known as the English Riviera and boasts award-winning beaches, stunning coastline and a famously warm climate. The location is one of the UK’s most beautiful areas with easy access to the region’s top beaches; Dartmoor; the South West Coast Path; walking; sailing; water sports; cycling and mountain biking. There are also a number of outstanding schools.
The successful applicant will have a commitment to a career in Sexual Health and a desire for career progression.
To discuss this opportunity please contact Dr Vicki Killick (Clinical Director) on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'