A dynamic and highly experienced associate designer is sought to join our client`s office design creative team. This is an award winning company that is very much at the forefront of forward thinking design. They are employee friendly, innovative and it`s a great place to work. They cover retail, hospitality, leisure, education as well as commercial. However, the predominant focus for now, is on the office design section of the business and on time delivery of various associated projects.
Ideally we are looking for someone with previous office design experience and a strong portfolio that can showcase this. However, if you have senior design experience in another sector and our client can see the transferable skills into workplace design, then this role is worth considering. With this in mind, we would also be keen to look at individuals who come from a different background, such as; architecture or leisure design.
We really need an associate designer who is capable of developing and presenting innovative design solutions from a client brief and can act as project leader, assisting the Directors in the running of projects and teams and who can inspire and be creative. Reporting directly to the studio director, you will be managing your own team and have that wonderful creative approach that is infectious and inspiring to all the studio!
Duties will include:
- Managing several projects
- Client briefing
- Space planning
- Creation of detailed drawing packages and schedules
- Developing design concepts and associated documentation
- Site duties on projects during implementation
- Managing a structured team of Interior Designers
- Ownership of some pre agreed central tasks, whilst working with peers on projects
- Supporting the wider office environment
- Continually seeking personal development opportunities
- Work in a flexible manner as part of a wider internal project team
- Responding to the changing needs of the business and projects undertaken
- Liaising with clients, colleagues and suppliers throughout the process
- Excellent customer service
What we are looking for is:
- A strong commercial based portfolio (office, leisure or architecture)
- Experience in a similar role
- People management skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Project management experience
- Proficient in in Auto CAD, Sketch up and Adobe Suite
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to visualise concepts and effectively explain them to clients
- Good general IT skills
- Interest in changing trends in interior design
- Personable, friendly and professional character
In return you can expect:
- Salary Circa £35-45k dependant on experience
- Hours Monday to Friday flexitime
- Working in a creative and innovative environment
- Opportunity to be part of something that is constantly evolving and offers career development
If you feel you have the skill set and experience to match what our client is looking for then we`d like to see your portfolio detailing your commercial experience along with a copy of your CV and salary expectations. If you prefer to talk to someone, you are welcome to call Sharon or Emma on: quoting reference number: 2918 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE `JOB ALERTS` ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR `LIKE` OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'