Our client is looking for an Assistant Service Manager to assist in a busy healthcare setting.
Location: South East London
Pay rate: £13.50 to 15.35 per hour paye or £15.35 to £19.55 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Type of role: Temporary expected to be 3-6 Months
Hours: Monday - Friday (9am - 5pm) 37.5 hours per week
Duties will include:
- Provide strong, professional leadership to the administrative teams they manage, within their specialities. Work in partnership with the Service Manager and with the other Assistant Service Managers within the division, as well as the clinical leads for their assigned specialities.
- Engage all staff groups in the development, delivery and sustainment of innovative and effective management systems to ensure maximum operational efficiency within the Division.
- Ensure that staff within the specialities are aware of, and working towards, the Trust’s vision and the specific objectives and operational targets of the speciality
- Ensure effective processes and procedures are in place to monitor and track performance and to support and guide the work of the 18 week pathway coordinators regarding the 18 week targets and pathways.
- Carry out performance appraisals as per the Trusts policy and to maintain an environment of constant improvement amongst the staff.
- To manage the A&C staff to anticipate any shortages and to take action to minimise the impact of these on service delivery.
- Monitor and record sickness, annual leave and other absences for direct reports
- Support the Service Managers, as appropriate in sustaining high standards of clinical governance and safety across the services the post-holder supports
- To provide regular and accurate outpatient waiting time data to Service Managers.
- This will involve communicating with the clinical team in question, the outpatient team (reception cover, nursing cover, room availability) and any diagnostic services relevant for the clinic in question.
- High Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job