We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking an Assistant Product Technologist, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
Scope of duties.
- Administer Pre-shipment inspections, DUPRO, social compliance audit bookings & related paperwork
- Assist in evaluating packaging and Instruction Manuals to ensure accuracy for all data.
- Prepare documentation and product specifications based on technical information.
- Ensuring labelling is correct
- Checking that production methods meet legislation guidelines.
- Monitor & assist on various product introduction projects and related activities.
- Inputting of data for product quality, safety and due diligence documentation.
- Analysing test & inspection documentation and certification with third parties.
- Working on own initiative, accurately adhering to both rapidly changing deadlines/timescales
- Guiding, advising and having the communication skills to relay complex information back to colleagues and suppliers.
- Requesting and processing of technical related data from buyers or suppliers.
- Process improvements.
- Direct liaison with buying teams, suppliers, other departments & service suppliers.
- Reviewing internal & external complaints & conducting compliance checks
- Collating and analysing data and charts against defined parameters.
- Proactively identifying and analysing potential problems and proposing commercially acceptable solutions.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management abilities gained in a fast moving commercial organisation
- Ability to react swiftly to changing requirements and pressure
- A demonstrable practical or technical background.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Experience in retail or factory QC or admin.
- Experience of the risk assessment process
- Wide knowledge or experience of product groups and how products are constructed .
- Good lateral, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Hands-on approach, preferably from a manufacturing, electrical or mechanical assembly environment.
- Experience & understanding of specifications, drawings and component level problem solving
- Knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma and other quality tools
- Office Skills
- Product Design
- Test Equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job