We are a Sunday Times Price Waterhouse Coopers top track 250 company. One of the UK’s fastest growing privately owned companies.
Our retail concept is simple - we offer 'mid-price' home, leisure and garden products, drawing together everything that could be needed for the stylish home at affordable prices.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking an Assistant Product Technologist, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
Scope of duties.
- Administer Pre-shipment inspections, DUPRO, social compliance audit bookings & related paperwork
- Assist in evaluating packaging and Instruction Manuals to ensure accuracy for all data.
- Prepare documentation and product specifications based on technical information.
- Ensuring labelling is correct
- Checking that production methods meet legislation guidelines.
- Monitor & assist on various product introduction projects and related activities.
- Inputting of data for product quality, safety and due diligence documentation.
- Analysing test & inspection documentation and certification with third parties.
- Working on own initiative, accurately adhering to both rapidly changing deadlines/timescales
- Guiding, advising and having the communication skills to relay complex information back to colleagues and suppliers.
- Requesting and processing of technical related data from buyers or suppliers.
- Process improvements.
- Direct liaison with buying teams, suppliers, other departments & service suppliers.
- Reviewing internal & external complaints & conducting compliance checks
- Collating and analysing data and charts against defined parameters.
- Proactively identifying and analysing potential problems and proposing commercially acceptable solutions.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management abilities gained in a fast moving commercial organisation
- Ability to react swiftly to changing requirements and pressure
- A demonstrable practical or technical background.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Experience in retail or factory QC or admin.
- Experience of the risk assessment process
- Wide knowledge or experience of product groups and how products are constructed .
- Good lateral, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Hands-on approach, preferably from a manufacturing, electrical or mechanical assembly environment.
- Experience & understanding of specifications, drawings and component level problem solving
- Knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma and other quality tools
- Office Skills
- Product Design
- Test Equipment