An exciting role has arisen with my client as an Assistant Product Developer on Homewares. You will be required co-ordinate all aspects of the development and purchase of new ranges, to ensure the products can be launched on time in the UK & US Markets to agreed costs.
Sourcing & Supplier Management - Liaises with agreed suppliers to obtain all necessary information and details on samples, dealing with commercial and information changes to the product, working closely and proactively alongside the technical & design teams.
Range planning section
- Responsible for the day to day administration of sampling & product development process
- Research market data to provide information on market trends & competitors
- Responsible for the administration of a timely, accurate and appropriately detailed handover of product information to the Photography, Design Studio Merchandising and Web teams
- Set up supply chain, creating purchase orders sending out with a time critical path
- Sign off gold seal
- Liaises with suppliers, QA & QC throughout the critical path to resolve QC and production issues quickly and cost effectively minimising the impact on availability
- Administrative support particularly for checking the accuracy of brochure and web set up in line with the Design Studio critical path
- Obtain production samples for all suppliers plus updates all departments on product delivery dates
- Input and maintains all sample and new stock details on databases.
- Maintain the sample stock, ensuring it is correctly labelled and stored at all times.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in buying or product development for homewares or hard goods along with excellent numerical and negotiation skills.
If you have the necessary skills and are interested in working for a forward thinking business please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"