BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Edgbaston and Priory Hospitals in Birmingham have a vacancy for an Assistant Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Assistant Practitioner Foundation Degree (Level 5) or equivalent.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the clinical team to provide a high standard of patient centered care meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Your level of training and experience means you can work alone, without supervision.
- Responsible for implementing care for patients, contribute to the assessment of care needs and carry out an agreed range of clinical nursing procedures, under the direction of the Registered Practitioner in charge.
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- To understand the role of the Assistant Practitioner and be working to towards agreed objectives and behaviours.
- Work alongside qualified practitioners and Senior Healthcare Assistants to provide safe, high quality care provision for patients.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'