My prestigious client (one of the UK’s leading producers of free range and organic chickens and turkeys) has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Farm Manager to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setting up houses for chicks and carrying out daily checks on the housing and birds
• General bird management – Ventilation, feeding, vaccinating etc.
• Completing daily check-lists and all relevant paperwork
• Humanely culling and removal of dead birds
• Litter management
• Feed ordering
• Supervising and management of relevant staff when necessary
• Maintaining a good general practice
• Basic farm and equipment maintenance
• Adhering to all health and safety and environmental procedures
• Other duties can include relief work on other farms if required
• You will be required to respond to emergencies if needed out of hours
The successful candidatewill have previous experience within the poultry industry as well as a relevant qualification in Agriculture (NVQ in Poultry production) or Poultry Passport. You will have good understanding of bird welfare and have good management skills.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary (experience dependant)