De Lacy Executive is seeking an Assistant Farm Manager for a brand new Broiler Farm in Oxfordshire. Our client is looking for a dedicated individual to work alongside the Farm Manager on this very progressive farm. The successful candidate will be committed, hard-working, have a can-do attitude and be eager to learn. The farm houses 300,000 birds in 6 sheds and features modern state-of-the-art-equipment.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Ensure all aspects of running the farm are met.
- Ensuring the welfare of livestock, ventilation management, vaccination, record keeping, farm assurance standards; are met.
- Maintain safe work practices of all staff and contractors on site.
The successful candidate will have strong stockmanship skills, motivation and enthusiasm.
Candidate Requirements :
- Previous poultry experience - preferably in broilers.
- Team working ability - whilst also being able to work on your own initiative.
- NVQ Level 3 in Poultry Production or equivalent.
- A practical attitude - not afraid of hard work.
- Good computer skills.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Be reliable and committed and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a first-class opportunity for someone wanting to pursue a career in the poultry industry.
The Rewards: A competitive package will be offered dependent on experience and will include accommodation.
The next step? To apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is the recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business, Agri-Food and Land-based Business Sectors. It was established in 2000. The team of consultants consists of experienced practical and trade agriculturalists who have developed a recruitment practice based on high ethical standards. De Lacy Executive is approved as a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act.