Assistant Merchandise Planner
We are recruiting for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to join our Trading team based at our Customer Support Centre in Walsall. The role has a flexible-working location, allowing you to work from home and the office.
As an Assistant Merchandise Planner, you will report to the Senior Merchandise Planner and under their guidance be responsible for planning, controlling, and monitoring the purchase, intake and distribution of merchandise across the store estate. The role will be across multi seasons and countries in order to maximise sales and margin.What you'll be doing...
As an Assistant Merchandise Planner, your duties will consist of:
- Ensuring correct level of stock of active lines
- Assisting with developing range and Open to Buy plans, agreeing, setting and maintaining weekly desired store SKU count
- Monitoring, update and report critical path progress throughout the effective life of a product to identify issues and risks and take appropriate action
- Ensuring launch availability is delivered in line with seasonal launches
- Ensuring stock is maintained at an optimum level by working on re-phasing and recommending cancellation, re-buy, delivering ‘on time’ availability.
- Ensuring WSSI tool reflects most accurate trading position on Sales, Stock, Markdown, OTB and Margin.
- Monitor and control OTB ensuring intake and commitment is accurate and strictly controlled and is in line with business expectations.
- Monitor and manage flow of product to meet space and availability requirements
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Free on-site car park
- Onsite coffee lounge
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase - (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK, Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.What You'll Need...
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent , grade c or above
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Drive and commitment
- Good Excel Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'