Are you a finalist or recently qualified accountant looking to progress into a senior finance role? Do you have a passion for the preparation of management accounts, to work in a commercial environment and to support the development of a growing financial services business?
Our client, based in the city centre with excellent transport links, is currently recruiting an Assistant Financial Controller to join their team. This role has become available due an internal promotion and resulting backfill.
You will be either a qualified accountant or finalist with relevant experience studying ACCA, CIMA or ACA. You will be motivated and keen to move into a senior finance position and develop with a growing business taking an active commercial role within the finance team.
Other duties will include;
- Undertake management accounts production for the primary and group trading companies, undertaking detailed review of transactions and raising of adjustments to achieve the same.
- Working with the Financial Controller, oversee the management accounts of other group functions and combine to deliver consolidated management accounts for all companies within the Group, ensuring that consolidation adjustments are properly understood and validated.
- Deliver quarterly group reporting to the group function in line with specified timescales and preparing analysis and schedules for audit purposes
- Work with the Financial Controller to deliver annual statutory accounts and liaise with auditors to provide information and respond to queries.
- Ensure that balance sheets are properly validated and supported by both preparation of balance sheet substantiation and by review of those prepared by junior staff members.
- Assist the team in the delivery of daily payouts to customers and other cash transactions, ensuring that the team delivers on its activities and providing assistance to junior members for bank reconciliation and other queries.
- Prepare and review quarterly management accounts under securitisation format
- Manage the graduate assistant and assist with management of other team members, providing coaching and direction of activities
- Work with the Financial Controller to document and assess controls across the organisation for presentation to the Audit Committee
- Work on adhoc projects and business developments as they occur
- To comply with and/or ensure compliance with all Data Protection Policies
If this sounds like a challenge that suits your skill set, please contact the team at Vargo or apply for this role attached with your CV for consideration.
- Financial Services
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'