SF Group are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to join a very well established business based in the South of Nottingham. The company has recently acquired a new business which has resulted in the creation of this new role. They are looking for someone who can step up to be Financial Controller in 6-12 months.
As the Senior Management Accountant the role will be split between project work and development work and day to day business finance requirements.
- To assist the Divisional FC/FD with internal financial project and development needs as required
- To lead internal finance project and development tasks under the supervision of the Divisional FC/FD
- To lead and assist with any external project requirements
- To assist with future acquisitions and asset purchases
- To ensure that monthly financial information for the UK operations is produced to the standards required
- To gather data in order to report on specific areas in the business to aid management controk
- To assist the FC with completion of schedules for inclusion in Statutory Account at both half year and year end
- Reconcile a number of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Involved in monthly management accounts
- Review and improve the processes involved in the production of the current balance sheet and associated reconciliations
- Provide general support to the Management team as required
You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) with extensive knowledge of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. You will also have previous experience of developing and implementing improvement processes. You will be hands on with excellent communication and influencing skills.
This role would suit someone who is looking to progress their career and enjoys a challenge. As this is a new role within the business, it really offers the opportunity for you to make the role your own and to make an impact in a short amount of time.
If you are looking for a role that will really enhance your career, then please apply for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job