Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire an Assistant Finance Manager to join their team;
- Book-keeping records and assists in the audit of accounts by submission of data to auditors for timely completion of an audit.
- Capitalization of fixed assets in the system as per in the system as per policy of the bank and ensuring fixed asset reconciliation.
- To handle accounts payable, which includes posting and paying vendors invoices, coding to appropriate general ledger accounts and monitoring A/P ageing and system discrepancies; Responsibilities include monthly vendors reporting, assistance in daily Bank reconciliation, vendor management and ensuring timely payment to vendors and employees through the system.
- This involves strengthening the existing processes and controls to ensure no duplicate payments to vendors, tallying the invoices with the contracts and ensure that employee reimbursements are supported by actual invoices, duly approved as per delegation of financial powers in the Bank. The position will also be responsible for putting controls in place to ensure that employees are reimbursed as per Bank's policies. This also involves proper documentation of processes in vendors payable department and generate relevant accounting reports in order to ensure reliable accounting practices and accurate & timely decision making by senior management.
- The post holder will also be responsible for handling queries of vendors and employees at scheduled times and also taking care of vendor relationships. Duties include verifying and posting transactions to journal, ledgers and other records; preparing statements, invoices and vouchers and handle balancing and reconciliations.
- Preparing tax returns advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax officials.
- Preparing financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies.
- Preparing and submission of various MIS for the bank (including parent bank).
- Liaising and providing information when required to the Parent Bank.
- Liaising with various teams in the Bank for completion of month end/ quarter end activities.
- Preparation of various returns for submission to Reserve Bank of India.
- Projects assigned by Supervisor/CFO on a time to time basis.
- Complete knowledge of Accounting systems & processes and Tax
- Understanding of implications of posting the entries into correct expense heads
- Knowledge of cost management initiatives
- Analytical Skills & proficient in MS office
- Detailed Orientation
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning & organizing Skills
- Able to handle teams
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job