Assistant Chef – Part Time
Millbrook House, Soham
£8.04 per hour – subject to April pay review
25 hours per week – on a rotational basis
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking an Assistant Chef to work alongside the Chef Manager, to prepare a varied set of quality menus for our residents. Millbrook House is a purpose built development offering one and two bedroom apartments with a range of on-site facilities. This is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Click here to find out more about Millbrook House
The role of Assistant Chef will include:
- Assisting with the planning and creation of nutritionally balanced meals for our residents
- Promoting and monitoring food hygiene and safety standards
- Carrying out risk assessments and cleaning the kitchen to a high standard
- Assisting with the supervision and development of staff
Skills and experiences:
- Level 2 Diploma in Catering and Hospitality or knowledge at an equivalent level
- Qualified in, or willing to study towards, 706 City & Guilds
- Previous experience of working in a catering environment is required
- A valid Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, or the willingness to work towards one, is essential
- Proven knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to interact with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday, including public holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent is 37.5 hours per week
To view the role profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.