This role offers an excellent opportunity for a skilled Assistant Catering Manager to work within our Sheffield kitchen. The role will be dedicated to serving meals daily in a professional, friendly and efficient manner from preparation to service. This will ensure a customer focused catering service is provided to all employees and visitors within Plusnet. This role requires travels to Leeds when necessary.
As Assistant Catering Manager you will…
- Ensure a professional, high quality and customer focused catering service is provided to all employees and visitors.
- Plan, order, prepare and cook food for a diverse range of employees in a variety of service styles, ensuring menu costs are strictly controlled and portion control is adhered to.
- Provide a constant vending service to employees and making sure all ingredients to replenish are available at all times.
- Assist in monitoring stock levels and ensure adequate supplies are available at all times while keeping to agreed levels of stock.
- Receive foods, and record and check correct quantity and quality, and ensure correct storage procedures are followed to reduce wastage.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe working environment by observing Health and Safety Regulations and other relevant Food Hygiene legislation.
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook…
- Experience in food preparation and provision of approximately 200 meals a day.
- At least 706/2 or equal and intermediate hygiene.
- Commitment to a healthy and safe working environment
- Experience of cooking with fresh ingredients
- Be an effective and enthusiastic communicator with the ability to develop good working relationships.
- Ability to remain calm and work within a busy environment working to deadlines
- Great customer service skills
- Experience of supervising catering staff
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job