A fantastic opportunity has become available at an upmarket, international real estate services company at its flag-ship office in Marble Arch.
You will be assisting with the day to day management of the portfolios/properties, whilst taking responsibility for health and safety administration and pre-contract solicitor’s enquiries.
You will be reporting to a Senior Property Manager in order to provide a first-rate management service to a portfolio of clients. This service is aimed to meet all legislative and statutory controls, as well as best practice guidelines issued by governing bodies and the firm.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Monitoring and payment of supplier/contractor invoices against budgets
• Service charge credit control - issuing arrears letters and passing debtor information to solicitors
• Provision of leaseholder information packs to solicitors.
• Auditing utility invoices to ensure they are accurate, contacting utility companies to amend if not
• Liaising with Landlords regarding fee accounts & accounts payable services
• In conjunction with the Property Manager(s) the role will assist with Tenant and Landlord customer service, helping to ensure a consistency of service across all portfolios, assisting with phone calls when managers are not available
• Booking and authorisation of repair works in accordance with client authority limits
• Inspections of property in accordance with client contracts and supporting the property managers
• Service of mail merge documents to wider estates
• Responsible for a small portfolio as required
• Assisting with the effective planning and management of all maintenance and repair work and monitor and control regular maintenance contracts. Work with Property Managers & Building Surveyors to issue Section 20 notices on major works where necessary
• Assisting with the regular inspection of all managed buildings and the maintenance of notes concerning those inspections and records and information on health and safety matters
• Assisting with and monitoring the maintenance and updating of the computerised property records system including all contract records and contractor listings
• Liaising with tenants, lessees and residents’ associations as and when required and to attend meetings
• Managing the day to day monitoring and control of all aspects of health and safety & risk assessments, and ensure compliance at all times with current legislation.
• IRPM Qualified
• IOSH Managing Safely (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health)
• Relevant Health & Safety training or experience
• Demonstrable record of delivery to clients in the UK Real Estate market, with a background in block management
• Good working knowledge of all aspects of residential property management including health and safety and all legislation, guidance notes and recommendations made in respect of residential property management either by Statute, by the RICS or by ARMA
• Prior experience of preparing service charge budgets as well as experience of managing maintenance/repair works and dealing with insurance claims
• Experience of managing on-site staff
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel
• Numerically strong.
The position will pay a salary in the region of £27,000 to £30,000 per annum. This is a Monday to Friday role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job