DS Smith has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our Shared Service Centre on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career. The successful person will assist in the delivery of a World Class accounting service to respective UK businesses and in accordance with service level agreements, perform general accounting and reporting activities.
The position will require an understanding of our business process at each site, and will require interaction with the P2P and C&C departments within the SSC. It is a great opportunity for career development.
Some UK travel may be required with the role.
The main duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
• Processing standard and non-standard Journals
• Preparing accruals and prepayments
• Ensuring all transactions are recorded accurately and on a timely basis
• Reconciling key balance sheet accounts
• Analysing and resolving any unreconciled items
• Supporting Group and Divisional reporting requirements (using HFM)
• Providing routine and ad-hoc analysis as requested by site operations, Finance Business Partners, Division and Group Finance
• Supporting other team members in achieving the agreed service level agreements for each business
• Working with other SSC teams to ensure through processes are working as desired
• Providing support in ad-hoc activities and projects within R2R and the wider SSC
What we would like our candidate to have…
• IT literate including MS office suite and in particular Excel
• Finance background, with experience in transactional activities (processing journals, raising invoices etc)
• Solid experience of account reconciliations
• High level of accuracy
• Previous experience of working within a team
• Excellent communication skills, with experience of building relationships with customers
• Flexible worker who can pick and complete ad-hoc tasks when required
• Previous experience of working to tight deadlines
• Previous experience of providing accounting or reporting services
• Experience of using SAP, similar ERP system, HFM reporting or Expensys.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme
- Accounts Assistant
- Financial Assistance
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'