Parity Professionals are a specialist recruitment business and consultancy business focusing on specialist areas within IT and offering tailored recruitment solutions to our clients and candidates alike. We were established in 1971 and have offices in Manchester London and Edinburgh. Across the Parity Group we work collaboratively to provide an unrivalled standard of service delivery to our customer’s and pride ourselves in our strong and long-standing relationships that we have nurtured over many years. To that end we have a high-performance culture and demand high standards of performance and commitment from all our employees.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen within our team based in Central London for an Assistant Accountant to join our existing team.
Overall Job Objective
To assist the Finance team in the provision of timely and accurate management accounting information for a transactional Business Unit.
- Purchase Ledger - Responsibility for the purchase ledger for 3 separate legal entities including the registering, coding and payment functions for all invoices.
- Daily treasury posting - Maintenance of the bank transactions for each of the 3 entities. Duties include daily bank reconciliations and payments and providing daily reports to the bank to facilitate borrowing process.
- Client reporting - monthly management information for multiple clients.
- Sales Invoicing - provide assistance to internal group companies for the production and distribution of client invoices.
- Provide key monthly statistical data on business performance.
- Provide cover for credit control functions when required.
- Provide cover for internal staff commission payments.
- Provide cover for Group VAT returns.
- Attendance record maintenance.
- Ad hoc duties when requested
*The above is an overview of duties , however this is not an exhaustive list.Minimum Requirements
2 years accounting experience
- AAT qualified / AAT final year considered
- Knowledge and experience of Purchase Ledger functions essential
- Knowledge and experience of Cash Management/Bank reconciliations functions essential.
- Good IT skills including excel functionality
- Ability to interact with It support team to report and discuss system faults.
- Good people skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work loads
- Well organised
- Able to work as part of a team in a dynamic and busy environment
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Proactive / problem solver
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all our employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job