An great opportunity for an assistant accountant with a leading company who specialise in the real estate and property market. The successful individual will get to work within the finance sector based in Luton amongst qualified professionals.
My client are a huge real estate and property management company who are looking to recruit a talented and personable individual to assistant the management accountant.
The successful Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Process supplier's invoices and staff expense claims, to ensure that all documents are approved as well as processing payments and ensure all documents are authorised within the required timescale.
- Cash receipts posting and allocation, deposit cheques on regular basis. To provide information and assistance to Auditor's as and when required
- Perform bank reconciliation on daily basis and Inter-company account reconciliations to be performed monthly
- To ensure at month-end all invoices are collected and if not collectable, that accruals are noted and reported
- To perform sales ledger duties including monitoring accuracy and efficiency of information in the ledger to include cash allocations and revaluation of debtors
- To carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations, in order to inquire about any old balances to make sure
- balances are cleared, where possible.
- To assist on quarterly VAT returns and reconciliations and assist other team members on expenses/supplier's invoices processing within the adjusting division when it is needed.
- Salary payments and related payroll journals to be processed on monthly basis
- Assist on process review and support any changes and any other ad-hoc tasks
The successful Assistant Accountant with have the following skills:
- Experience working in a finance department
- Experience of using accounting packages
- Good Excel skills - use of vlookups
- Part qualified accountant or willing to study for an accounting qualification (ACCA/ CIMA)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate financial matters to non-financial staff
- Confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- Ability to effectively time manage including meeting tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Accuracy and quality conscious
The right candidate will receive study support and great training with the opportunity to climb the career ladder depending on their 3 month performance.
- Month end
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job