Asset Management Officer - Technical Lead
Hours: 37 per week
Temporary - required immediately, initially for 3 months
£18.37 - £21.75 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity available for Asset Management Officer - Technical Lead. Working within the Asset Management Team at Babergh & Mid Suffolk District Council, the successful candidate will provide the lead role for both councils on specialist technical property and land input to the councils’ landlord function, acquisitions, disposals and the effective management of the councils’ non-operational assets portfolio.
Candidates should have relevant public sector property / asset management experience as well as the following:
- Previous experience of managing acquisition and disposal projects and able to demonstrate delivery of successful outcomes.
- Previous experience of managing property management contractors/ client role.
- Previous experience of land ownership dispute resolution.
- Experience of negotiating Heads of Terms, lease renewal and rent reviews.
- Previous experience of property and land registration.
- Relevant professional qualification (such as Professional Membership of the RICS) and extensive knowledge gained through experience.
- Good understanding of statutory requirements and good practice relating to both the commercial landlord and tenant functions within the public sector.
- Good understanding of GIS mapping, data management including Freedom of Information and General Data Protection Regulations and strong IT skills.
- To provide the lead role for both councils on specialist technical property and land input to the councils’ landlord function, acquisitions, disposals and the effective management of the councils’ non-operational assets portfolio.
- Delivery of the councils’ emerging Asset Management Strategy.
- To work with colleagues, other public sector organisations, external agencies, commercial agents and private land / property owners to contribute to the councils’ strategic priorities.
- Identifying and realising opportunities to improve the financial, social and economic return from the councils’ asset portfolio, in partnership with other public sector / commercial organisations and private land/property owners.
- Supervision of Asset Management Officer(s) and Admin & Technical Support Officer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job