We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join a leading metalwork construction company in the UK. Having grown rapidly, but sustainably, over the last 25 years, our client currently employ over 40 people but intend to continue recruitment, hence the requirement for an Assistant Project Manager. The role will be fairly open in order to enable the successful candidate to have a somewhat free reign to ensure that they are not stifled at all and can work to the best of their abilities and help the company grow.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, Project Scheduling, Project Management and Business Development. Project Scheduling will involve utilising Project Commander or Microsoft Projects and consulting with the Design, Production and Installation departments and advising Customers of lead times. Project Management will involve reviewing all Sub-Contract orders and associated paperwork, monitoring Job Costings and raising Application for Payments, controlling any variations and additional work, reporting to the board of directors as least once a month and controlling any Sub-Contract labour. Business Development will revolve around helping to develop the commercial awareness of all other departments within the company.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will hold a relevant, construction related, degree and hold previous experience in a similar role, or at least have experience of carrying out duties associated with this role. The candidate must be ambitious and keen to grow and develop with our client. It is important that the candidate is computer literate and has strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Assistant Project Manager Position Overview
- Project Scheduling - Utilising Project Commander or Microsoft Projects. Consulting with our Design, Production and Installation departments and advising Customers of lead times.
- Project Managing - Reviewing all Sub-Contract orders and associated paperwork. Monitoring Job Costings and raising Application for Payments. Controlling any variations and additional work. Reporting to the board of directors as least once a month. Controlling any Sub-Contract labour. (Placing Sub-Contract Order and checking Subcontractor Applications/Invoices)
- Helping to develop the commercial awareness of all other departments.
- Helping in the introduction of a MRP/ERP System in 2018
- Other duties to be discussed as required
Assistant Project Manager Position Requirements
- Relevant Degree
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
Assistant Project Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary: DOE
- Package to be discussed on a case-by-case basis
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job