ASD 1:1 Secondary Teaching Assistant
Five Education are working with a special school in Bath that is looking for a Secondary 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work on a full-time basis from term 3 (January 2022). The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting students/ children with special needs, particularly ASD.
This role will start in January 2022.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support a year 10 SEN student academically
- Using Autism specific learning resources such as social stories
- Supporting and encouraging the student when they are feeling anxious
- Assisting the student to work towards their tailored curriculum
- Assistance with social skills, making relationships etc
- Previous experience working with children/ students that have SEN
- Previous experience working with children/ students with ASD is desirable but not essential
- The ability to encourage and inspire students
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks.
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 3 - 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn’t comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
If you are interested in this role please contact Max at Five Education
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'